Thursday, June 25, 2009

Falling aqua - how you know destiny

A drop of water splashes onto the pavement in front of me. As I watch it fall, time slows down for me to admire it's grace. This little droplet sure has grace as do all droplets of water. It moves through the air destined to crash onto the pavement below. This is the fate of all droplets, and the grace is that they do not expect anything more from the fall, but to crash. There is no droplet afterlife that they can look forward to, there is only the fall. Some droplets have a long fall and others a short one, is that fair?

As the droplet continues to fall in front of me, I realize it's form moving in and out of itself. It then splatters all over the pavement. Poor droplet it is forgotten forever. Is this the kind of fate I will endure? A random fall just like the droplet, only to be forgotten for the aeon's of time? If this is my fate, as it is the fate of all life, is that so bleak?

I take a step forward. I take a step back. Each step I take leaves an imprint of my shoes. In a blink of an eye, the universe collapses on top of me. I have an impact of the earth, as my footprints have shown me. Other's have an impact of my life or else i wouldn't be wearing the shoes I am wearing. Do these imprints make any difference to the universe? Are all actions fruitless, simply because of the fact that we are no more than a droplet cascading toward it's own demise? Why are we all thrown into this party, where we fear, love and hate? Why do we feel the need to protect our lives, if this party has no grand finale? Or is that the very reason why we want to live so happily? Without God, when death is the end of your life, yet the party continues, why should anyone care for anything except for the peace of their mind? Why should we listen to those that believe they know what exists outside this life? Cannot we simply enjoy the art of living, living for this life and be content with no more? Why are we labeled as evil if we want to live on our own accord, with no attachment to God, provided we do not harm others? Why can't you take responsibility for your own actions and make your choices without the man testing you? Don't you want to dance through this, rather than despise it? Why can't you accept the freedom the truth gives you and dance with it? Why do you live so seriously, when this life is so fleeting! Why do you fantasize about paradise, when you can simply enter a sanctuary of your own? Don't you feel a certain tranquility in the fact that you are insignificant, yet you are the centre of significance in your heart? Don't you find comfort in the fact that you will die and know nothing of your existence, failures and triumphs? Regret nothing when you are dead. Isn't this what is precisely significant about our life?